Amazon Associates

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Beeeeeeeeeeeep

Driving in Bangladesh blows my mind. Traffic lights exist but are completely ignored. Car horns are a staple of driving, being constantly honked as if to say to every passing car "watch out, I'm here." I don't think I've gone more than five seconds in a car without hearing a horn.


There are a few main forms of transportation: 1) the rickshaw, an open-air, bike-powered vehicle that are often beautifully decorated and incredibly inexpensive 2) the baby taxi, a three-wheeled, enclosed motor vehicle that's about 10x as expensive as a rickshaw and still so, so cheap, and 3) cars, lots of cars. There are also public transportation buses that I still haven't quite figured out. None of them look like they should actually work, and yet there they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment