Amazon Associates

Thursday, August 15, 2013

If I Had A Superpower


"I've never experienced anything like this before." That's what I said to my dad as we walked to our connecting gate at the airport in China. Why? It's 2:00 am local time and there were no lights on inside the terminal. Just a few screens and whatever light flooded in through the windows from outside. So here we sit now, in the dark, waiting for the rest of China to wake up.

When people ask, "If you could have one superpower, what would it be?" I either answer frictionlessness (yup) or to be able to experience things like it was the first time. Do you remember what the beach was like the first time you went? I don't. But I'm sure it was awesome. I imagine the same was true of seeing my first elephant or climbing my first tree. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most on this journey is to experience a whole lot of totally new things for the first time. One might say I've got superpowers for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment