Amazon Associates

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Goodbye, Bangladesh!

Today is my last day in BD. It's been a much better trip than I could have possibly imagined. All week I've felt so privileged to be the center of attention. MRA spent so much time and effort ensuring that I had a good week here and I truly did.

Today was no exception. We went to a lunch party MRA was throwing for a deputy Romanian ambassador who was finishing his rotation and moving onto his next post. MRA's family also owns this hotel so we got to go to the roof for an amazing view of Dhaka.

This was another collection of the upper crust of BD society with most people there being bigwigs in business or politics. I met a couple awesome people: a guy who works at the Egyptian embassy and a woman started her own event planning company. She was fascinating, and the only female entrepreneur I've met here. Finally someone I could ask all of my entrepreneurship questions to! Apparently there isn't a big entrepreneurship community here, and especially not if you're a woman. No surprises there. I'm glad I got to meet here. It filled in a hole I really wanted to fill before I left.

And so I'm off to India! Goodbye Bangladesh! This was definitely not your typical BD trip, but it was certainly special.

No comments:

Post a Comment