Amazon Associates

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Indian Ocean, Check!


I have officially touched three oceans now: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian. Cox's Bazar is a beach area and it's where you go when you want to vacation in BD. IT also holds the title for world's longest natural sandy sea beach, which I think is kind of a dubious claim, but what do I know? It's a four-hour drive south from Chittagong to Cox's Bazar and we started our drive at 5am. While we were out there, we saw a bunch of properties owned by MRA that in a few years will all be insane beach resorts. One of those places was a little coconut grove where we one of the caretakers climbed a tree, picked some fresh coconuts, and then opened them up for us to drink. Oh, and I pet a cow! Because there was a cow there too. Because that's a thing here in some places. Cows.


Cox's Bazar was my first time going to a beach in a Muslim country, and you guessed it, everyone was fully clothed. Even in the water, everyone was fully clothed. We spent far too little time at the beach, but we were on a tight schedule. After the beach, we went to a restaurant where you pick a life fish from a tank and voila, lunch! I don't remember what kind of fish I had, but I think it might have been the best fish I've ever eaten in my entire life, and I've eaten a LOT of fish in my life.

The Cox's Bazar airport is about the size of my thumb but it get's the job done. We arrived back in Dhaka after an hour-ish flight. That night my dad and I had dinner at BBQ tonight, which had amazing kebabs. When we returned to the guest house, MRA was having a house party! Which meant that I was at a party with my dad! Bizzaro world. Earlier in the week my dad had discovered that there was a crazy disco light in the living room, which at the time was like "uhh...... okay" but now made complete sense. For the 20-ish minutes I hung out with MRA, his friends, and my dad I felt like a total fish out of water, but I held my own and then quietly Irish Goodbye'd my way into the bedroom to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment