Amazon Associates

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Goodbye, Cambodia!

Fun fact: the motorcycle-to-car ratio in
Cambodia is what keeps Yamaha in business
I arrived pretty early in the morning back in Phnom Penh. The bus ride really wasn't that bad. I got off and had a couple of hours to kill before I needed to head to the airport. And I really wanted to shower, but... where was I going to do that? There was only one place I could think of so, I figured I'd give it a shot. I walked about 20 minutes from where the bus dropped me off back over to the hostel I was staying it while I was here a few days ago.

When I arrived at the hostel, I got the warmest welcome ever! They remembered me! I very sheepishly asked if it would be possible for me to use the shower and they said... of course! Whoa, I wasn't expecting this one, but man, this is awesome. So I took a shower and I felt soooo much better. I stuck around for breakfast there with none other than my old friends IL and MK, who were still here! It was a nice surprise to see them again. After a pretty leisurely breakfast, I had the tuk tuk guy from the hostel take me over to the airport. Best hostel experience ever, and I didn't even spent the night there (this time).

And so I'm off! Goodbye, Cambodia! It's been real. Next stop: Phuket, Thailand!

CONTINUE ON to War Sucks: Cambodia in Review

Best shot I could get of the airport without getting arrested or run over

No comments:

Post a Comment