Amazon Associates

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Goodbye India!

This was the best shot of the warning sign
I could get
After almost a month in India, it's time to move onto my next adventure. It's has been an eye-opening experience, but I'm definitely excited for something new. As I was leaving for the airport, the entire staff came out to see me off. Despite the unpleasantness of the wet stairs, they really did do an amazing job taking care of my every need. My driver picked me up in the afternoon and we started the long trek back to the airport in Cochin. It was pouring rain all the way. There were also these yellow warning signs along the way with a skull and crossbones and words... written in Malayalam. And only Malayalam. So I knew I should be looking out for... something. Falling rocks? Mastadons? King Koopa? Unclear. Oh, and there was this awesome billboard that I wish I could have gotten a photo of. It was a group of five white people and a tagline that unironically said, "Truly International" Ha!


As we were driving back past the cliffs, the rain formed this amazing cloud/fog floating through the canyon below. It was like the water was flowing over the hills. It almost looked like snow.

I made it to the airport that evening. The guy at the hotel told me it would take five hours to get there. I was skeptical because in my head it was going to take six, but I went with it. Luckily I left myself enough of a buffer because it took, you guessed it, six hours to get to the airport. India, man. You just gotta go with what you know when you're here.

And so to you, India, I bid farewell! It's been real.

CONTINUE ON to India in Review: The Plight of a Brown American in India

No comments:

Post a Comment